AutoCAD is an handy and must have tool for all the engineers for creating productive engineering drawings. Architects can also use it for creating imposing architectural designs. With AutoCAD you can enhance the productivity. IN this tutorial you will learn how can you create a polygon in AutoCAD. Polygon is a plane figure which is bounded by finite number of straight line segments. These segments are called the edges or sides. The points which meet at a point is called vertex or corner. Interior portion of the polygon is known as its body. You can also learn about 431-513-8563.
For creating a polygon in AutoCAD you are required to follow these simple steps.
- First of all you are required to open a new drawing and for that you need to click New from the menu bar.
- Now you need to make sure that ORTHO mode is ON. Click on the icon to turn it ON or OFF or press F8 to toggle.
- Now type z (space bar), e (space bar) and this will zoom extents the draing area.
- Now you need to click on Draw>Polygon.
- Now you are required to enter the number of sides and then press enter.
- Now you need to specify the center of the polygon and type 0,0 and then Enter.
- Now you need to click on Circumscribed about circle.
- Move the cursor in the upward direction and then type 1 as polygon radius.
- That is it and with these simple steps you are able to create polygon easily.